As we address poverty in our community, we are taking action in helping more families overcome barriers to self-sufficiency/economic stability. You can help by making a $50 contribution to help families meet their basic needs and/or overcome barriers to economic stability.
There are approximately 71,408 people in Enrichment Services Program, Inc.’s nine county service area (Alabama – Russell AND Georgia – Chattahoochee, Clay, Harris, Muscogee, Quitman, Randolph, Stewart, and Talbot) who are unable to meet their basic needs. These urgent needs include food, shelter, clothing, etc. Based on the 2017 Poverty Guidelines, a family of four who has a gross income of $24,600 is “in poverty”. This $24,600 does not go very far when you consider the cost of shelter, food, utilities, clothing, etc.
Please help by making a $50 contribution to help families meet their basic needs and/or overcome barriers to economic security.
- School supplies
- Shoes and clothes
- Car seat
- Groceries to reduce the food insecurity rate
- Fuel/gas to get to and from work
- Utility bill to keep family’s lights, water, air/heat on
- Requirements to help a NATP (Nurse Aide Training Program) student with shots, TB test
- Bus Pass to work, doctor’s appointments, etc.
- Proper attire for work
- WIC voucher extension for formula and juice
- Accessories for breast feeding
- Books for college students
- Meals for seniors (one month)
- Co-pay/doctor’s visit