Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school AND Minimum three (3) years related accounting experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience considered.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Minimum two (2) year experience with payroll processing and financial accounting software.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience with ADP and MIP Abila, preferred.
- Knowledge of methods, practices, documents and terminology used in financial and accounting record keeping.
- Fundamental accounting and internal control policies and procedures.
- Practices and procedures of basic governmental budgeting and accounting, preferred.
- State and federal policies, laws, rules, procedures and practices pertaining to payroll, time reporting, benefit plans, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, reporting, preferred.
- Customer Orientation
- Relationship Building
- Results Orientation
Under general supervision, performs accounting support and general administrative work in the preparation, processing, maintenance and verification of accounting documents, records, and reports such as payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, general ledger, procurement (purchasing)and/or budget, and performs related duties as assigned by the CFO.