Associates degree or Bachelor degree in related field.
- Experience with safety policy development and implementation.
- Must be experienced developing and delivering safety training.
- Proven oral and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to interact with all levels of an organization and with third party partners.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
- Limited business travel.
- Must be bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Certified Safety Professional preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in Risk Management/Safety Programs preferred.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Customer Orientation
- Relationship Building
- Results Orientation
- Organization & Planning
- Organizational Knowledge
- Team Management
The Health & Safety Specialist will assist management with the development and implementation of a safety management system aimed at preventing and controlling losses. Inspect center locations to ensure compliance with safety and environmental standards. Help maintain the safety and health of workers, the general public and the environment.
Under general direction, assist with the development, identification, and implementation of management tools to support the safety management system that is congruent with performance expectations. Assist with the implementation of a communication plan for health and safety issues, including all safety training programs at the location.