High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (G.E.D.).
- 6 months food handling/preparation experience required.
- Serve Safe Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of generally accepted food handling and safety guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to read, convert and apply standard units of measure used in food preparation and service.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, establish and maintain good working relationships with staff, students, parents and others encountered in the normal course of work.
Supports the Head Start/Early Head Start Center by providing services in the areas of food preparation and service; dishwashing and removal of trash and waste following the meal service. The Kitchen/ Utility Aide is also responsible for the cleaning, sanitation and maintenance of kitchen areas, as well as for performing additional limited custodial/janitorial duties to assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the facility.